4.15.2010

Creativity as Healing

As many of you know, I am now single. After 10 years, I found myself with lots of healing. My creativity felt stifled. I could see where I wanted to be, just not able to pull myself out of the funk and get on the road of my journey.
Yesterday I spoke with 2 spiritual women in my life, women I love and respect. Both of them said, with resounding similarity, that the healing is in the creating. Wow!! I had never wanted to create spiritual pieces while in turmoil. This concept of utilizing the creative juices to move beyond the pain isn't a new idea and certainly not one that I have not been aware. Just forgot I knew how!!
So, yesterday, I cleared the floor of the last of my unpacking in the studio. After which, I sat at my beading table and began to work, and man did I work. I have several new Triple Goddess rosaries to show for it. I will be shooting them and posting them at my Etsy shop shortly.
It felt good, I feel rejuvenated and hopeful. As if the Universe and the Goddess are breathing a sigh of relief, for I finally got it!!

1 comment:

  1. Creating has always been healing for me. So glad it is helping you.
    Sorry I haven't been in touch. You've been on my mind and I've been wondering how you are. I hope your new life brings you much happiness after the healing.

    ReplyDelete