7.28.2012

A New Look

I have spent the last weeks updating my shop graphics at Etsy. I wanted a streamlined page, with a crisper graphic set.  I used newer photos of my product.  Showing off a few of my new one-of-a-kind polymer art pieces.  I also spent some time updating my website, blog and twitter pages.  This is all in a further attempt to set my brand and promote it.

During this time, I have also been creating a full array of polymer clay art.  I love covering vessels, bottles and tins.  Upcycling old jars and tins and giving them a new place with colorful millefiori polymer canes.


"Don't Call Me Blue" Covered soapstone vessel


Or  creating covered toggle switchplates.

"Earth Mother" Dbl. Toggle Switchplate
 I love working with polymer.  It allows me to satisfy my sculpting veins, and the colors I can achieve immediately, work with my color and design background.  It is a satisfying medium for an artist who likes instant gratification.  When I worked with high fire clays, I was forced to wait through many firings only to find the colors weren't where I wanted them or the piece failed to meet my expectations.  Now, with polymer, I have a WYSIWYG medium!!  Perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment